Saturday, January 21, 2017

Hello Lego and Chess!




 This blog is about teaching chess to small children. I recently started teaching my 2.5 year old daughter. She is showing a lot of interest and every single day we learn chess through playing.  Every time we play I chose a new "game" based on what we learnt last time with new elements added. The "lessons" are very short, perhaps only 10-15 min but we come back to them very often, at lease once a day.  She started asking for it more often lately so we play few times a day sometime.

We have already done a few games so I will try to catch up to what she knows already via few posts to come.

At this point all I use is a basic tournament plastic chess set with vinyl board and Lego duplo bricks (2x2) of different colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment